This course explores the function of marketing and its role within organisations, as well as how the marketing mix is used to satisfy customer needs.
The aim of this course is to provide you with an understanding of the key concepts and terminology of marketing. It will also consider the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can influence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The course outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
- The role and function of marketing within organisations
- Factors that influence consumer behaviour
The marketing environment
- Key components of the marketing environment
- Collecting relevant information about the marketing environment
The marketing mix
- The concept and elements of the marketing mix
- How the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings
The assessment is by an examination which consists of 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in a 90 minute controlled assessment.
It is not necessary to have any previous experience or knowledge of marketing*, and you can choose to study via evening classes or intensive weekends.
If English isn’t your first language, you will need to demonstrate that you have achieved one of the following English language qualifications within the last two years:
- IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above).
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above
CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
* Please get in touch via the Contact Form for information on how to assess the level of your current marketing knowledge.
Tuition fees include face-to-face classroom sessions plus access to a range of support mechanisms offered by the school including webinars, online resources, revision sessions and one-to-one sessions with tutors.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest special offers and fee information for our CIM short courses.
Additional Professional Body Fees
In addition to your NW School of Marketing tuition fees, you will be required to pay CIM registration and assessment fees: