This short course will help you to recognise the importance of marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results.
This short course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of the function of marketing within the organisation and demonstrates how an appreciation of customer behaviour can enable effective targeting. It outlines an understanding of how external environmental influence affect planning and how information enables decision making, and the elements of the marketing mix and how these are applied to address market and customer needs.
The marketing concept
- The role and function of marketing
- Influences on consumer behaviour
Analysis and Insight
- Factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing planning
- Options for gathering relevant marketing information
- The elements of the marketing mix
- Apply and Adapt the marketing mix satisfy customer needs
The assessment is by an examination which consists of 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in a 2 hour controlled assessment.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry onto this course:
- CIM Level 3 Introductory Certificate in Marketing
- CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification
- Any UK degree or international equivalent
- International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above)
- Professional practice (suggested one year in a marketing role) plus diagnostic assessment* onto Level 4
If English isn’t your first language, you will need to demonstrate that you have achieved one of the following English language qualifications within the last two years:
- IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above).
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above
CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
* Please get in touch via the Contact Form for information on how to assess the level of your current marketing knowledge.
Tuition fees includes face-to-face classroom sessions plus access to a range of support mechanisms offered by the school including webinars, online resources, revision sessions and one-to-one sessions with tutors
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest special offers and fee information for our CIM short courses.
Additional Professional Body Fees
In addition to your NW School of Marketing tuition fees, you will be required to pay CIM registration and assessment fees: